Pregnancy is a milestone, you are bringing a new life to the world. Mothers usually do everything in their power to make sure their bundle of joys are comfortable but are they themselves comfortable enough? Comfort should be a mother’s priority both for herself and the baby, it is a necessity. She must dress comfortably, because trust me, no aspect of pregnancy is easy.
Why Should Pregnant Women Wear Comfortable Clothes?
Wearing comfortable clothes can really affect your body and your mind too. Here are some reasons why you should wear comfortable clothes.
- Your body starts to change drastically. Through the entire pregnancy phase, you will definitely see tremendous changes and that’s why you need to be prepared for it. So your clothes must not only be comfortable but they must also be appropriate for growth.
- During pregnancy, your body is on high alert, due to hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance leads to highly sensitive skin. Rash, allergies and other skin problems can be developed if you don’t wear the right material.
- The first trimester of pregnancy involves lots of nausea and vomiting. Wearing tight clothes at such instances will lead to heartburns and indigestion which can result in more vomiting. So it very important to wear loose fitting but nice clothes to keep these feelings at bay.
- 9 months of pregnancy also involves going through different seasons of the year. Pregnant women feel extremely warm during summer and extremely cold during winter, due to heightened sensitivity. So it’s vital to dress accordingly. Loose cotton dresses for summer and woolen clothes for winter.
- You can’t sleep on your stomach anymore. So your sleeping posture changes too. Your sleepwear must be loose and comfortable, in order to feel well rested.
What Type Of Clothes Should Pregnant Women Wear?
Pregnancy can come in the way of your fashion statements. Your jeans and tops don’t fit you anymore and you are frustrated. Well, you can always look like a million dollars but in the maternity style. So what types of clothes should you wear?
Cotton is your best friend, in and out of pregnancy. Wear cotton clothes that are loose, comfortable and breathable. Cotton absorbs sweat and keeps you sweat free and cool. Cotton happens to be very gentle on the skin, so it’s a win-win situation.
Go for pants or skirts with drawstrings. That way you can adjust it according to your convenience. And they feel soft your skin too.
Wear clothes that provide support to your baby bump. There are many maternity clothes and tops that provide both comfort and support to you.
With pregnancy, your waist and your breast increase in size. Discard your old undergarments for new ones. Now when you’re pregnant fancy bras which are wired or padded are not healthy for the breasts. So it’s best to go for cotton bras and bras that can sit in breastfeeding.
Wraparounds are both stylish and comfortable. Invest in them and team them up with tank tops or tunics.
Comfort, your first priority when selecting loose clothing. Extremely tight clothes have an adverse reaction. So think wisely and choose smartly.